Thursday, August 10, 2006

Apple Spice Cinnamon Something

I never really understood the fascination that so many people had with scented candles. I mean, there are stores that sell NOTHING ELSE, and women seem to flock there. I always assumed that it was some part of the womanly genetic code that just hadn't recoded into my personal genetic material and left it at that.

But then I noticed that the store I work in sells smallish jar candles for $1.50, and I purchased one the other night. I figured that I've done absolutely nothing to domesticate my bedroom (not even putting up those gorgeous movie posters someone gave me - tragic, really), so this could be a step in the right direction.

I lit it, and realized why people love candles so much. The warm glowiness, the homey scent of melting wax, and oh dear heavens, the wick has a FIRE on it - it all felt pretty great. Maybe it's a small step toward appeasing that inner, intense desire I've had for nine months now to just torch my apartment. I don't know why I feel that way (Freud would say "sexual frustration," and between you and me, Freud would be right. For once.), because I don't hate the places I've lived, i just want the excitement of watching something go up in flames. At my hand.

And now I'm starting to wonder if I'm going criminally insane.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

landloads don't like smelly candels
somebody rated me out and I never even lit the thing but got the lecture anyway

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mooney said...

And I could tell that you'd turned I smelled the sulfur so clear. And fire's a beautiful sight. And the waves that you burned turned to ashes my dear, and ashes just fall to the ground... and we're only ashes.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mooney said...

Also a "That 70's Show" quote...

A scented candle? Yeah! Women can't keep their shirts on around a scented candle!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home