Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spending Money Is A Sign That I Actually Have A Day Off

I went to Wal-Mart today with the intention of buying two things: a scratching post, and a floor mat. (There was a third item on that list, a bag of Chester's cheese-flavored puffcorn, but I was certain that all production had ceased on the cheesed puffcorn, and all bags had been seized by some government agency, because I had been searching for the stuff for days and no dice.)

Upon entering I spotted the biggest box of plain Cheerios I had ever seen in my life, on sale, and I HAD to have it. HAD TO. I'm a determinist, so don't even bother arguing that with me. That right there blew the whole gameplan, and I went around the store buying all the stuff I'd been needing for ages, but had been too stingy to buy. My bedroom now has curtains. And we can actually Swiffer the floors again, which doesn't mean anything outside of my bedroom will actually be cleaned (I think our kitchen is a lost cause, really), but at least we have it, for appearance's sake.

Oh, and I went to Goodwill and found a stunning leather trenchcoat for $7. Be entirely jealous.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Corith Malin said...

It's pretty wrong when someone posts a MySpace bulletin survey rather than a blog post. I'm just sayin. ;-)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home