Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Pressure's On

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Twitter account. Because more people need to know what I'm doing at every moment.

The pressure to be completely awesome 24/7 is just ratcheting up. You have to have cool, insightful things to write about on your blog, and you have to go funny places with your funny, photogenic friends to take pictures to post on Facebook, and you have to know about all the latest, hippest, undiscovered music to have in your IM feed, and now. Now, you have to be doing ALL THOSE THINGS ALL THE TIME, OR ELSE EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW YOU'RE A LAME-O WHO SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY WATCHING GREY'S ANATOMY RE-RUNS AND EATING SOUR PATCH KIDS.

Or else you could become a magnificent liar and just manufacture a life for yourself on the internet whilst escaping to the sweet, sweet confines of your bedroom and your tried & true DVD collection.

Hmm.

I guess the question is, how much do you want the world participating in your life?

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice Carback said...

I'll join twitter if you join it with me. I've been contemplating it.

7:46 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Done.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the real question? Perhaps the better question is how much do you care about what other people think about your life?

12:52 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I think if I'm deliberately posting messages every few hours updating my friends about what I'm doing, I'd better darn well be doing something awesome. Otherwise, why bother?

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home