Thursday, April 10, 2008

Really Good Things That Can Happen

I got a package in the mail from my old roommate cointaining one grey zip-up hooded sweatshirt, one dessert-sized plate purchased at Deseret Industries, one bag of Riesens, and one happy birthday note. It is mid-seventies here in Virginia, but I am wearing the heck out of that hoodie.

I happened to glance at my reflection as I was walking by a mirror and actually agreed with what I saw. Usually drive-by ambush sightings are the worst, too.

Someone compared me positively to Uma Thurman. I didn't know that was even possible, but apparently I am a warrior.

My living room is covered with books on Charles Dickens, no doubt the result of someone's harried finals paper writing. I am going to browse through all of them, and I may not even make it to work. Just kidding. Sigh.

I'm done with this job in less than a month. I am going to paint my bedroom the exact shade of happy I feel when I hear "home."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am responsible for raining Charles Dickens. You know, before you leave we need to have a serious conversation about Nancy from Oliver Twist. She's my hero.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home