Monday, January 03, 2005

"The Little Things"

Frank came to church yesterday.

I haven't seen him since the summer I was eighteen. I stayed up an extra hour or two writing letters for people in my ward at Youth Conference. He was just investigating the church, but he was so impressed by the letter and by the sign the girls had made for the guys, he decided he wanted to belong. I went to his baptism, and shortly thereafter said goodbye to him as he left for some military high school. I thought about him a lot as I went off to college, but I had no way of contacting him. He left too suddenly.

Then I saw him and he told me about his summer in Budge Hall here at BYU and his plans to go on a mission next summer and how he's working with his mother, trying to get her to join too. I showed him around the building again and sat next to him in Gospel Doctrine and listened proudly as he read the verses he so eagerly volunteered to read, smiling at his well-marked Doctrine and Covenants.

Frank came to church yesterday. And it warmed my heart as I got on a plane and left the place that I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home