Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"Hide The Details, I Don't Want To Know A Thing"

I know what music to avoid when I'm in certain moods, so I know how terrible it is to be listening to Fall Out Boy right now, yet I am. And it's on repeat. And I dare any of you to stop me.

Today was interesting. I literally don't know how to feel, and it's completely laughable that some people look to me as the pinnacle of emotional stability. No offense, but either I put on a fantastic act, or you guys really need to get some better friends. I suppose it's always possible that I'm at a low stage right now, and I'm not letting myself think about any time I was ever actually good for someone, but considering that I might actually be necessary and helpful is a little much when I consider how it's thrown in my face.

I'm not crawling back into a corner.

Also, I'd like to say that while ignorance might be bliss, I'd always prefer to know the truth, no matter what that truth is. Chances are I'm not completely ignorant anyway, so I don't even have bliss to coddle me while I'm wading in self-doubt and confusion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

We all have our shells, our defenses... They just vary in quality and color... I happen to brazenly confess my ugliest innermost atrocities as a pre-emptive measure against others divining them on their own...

At any rate, though I'm reticent to give credit where credit is due, being my Pharisaical self, you have been good for many people. Even though I've only been grazed by your sometimes subtle, sometimes flint-like grandeur due to my patently anti-social malaise, I still must confess that you have been "good" for someone.

You make me wish so many solid better dreams for myself...

So chin-up, you cherub you... lest this ornery ogre is forced to emerge from his cave and lay down his version of the law...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

http://www.jokes.com

7:34 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman.

You deserve one.

Yay for Saturday.

7:36 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Sam = my hero :-)

And thank you so much Taylor for your comment. You have no idea how it made me smile. Don't worry, I'm keeping my chin up. I just wish others were as aware as you guys.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home