Friday, April 01, 2005

Foods that gross me out:

1. Those green vegetables they give you in mandarin bowls. I've never tried them, but I know they're gross.

2. Carrot cake. Who wants cake made out of vegetables? With vegetable chunks in it? Ick.

3. Chunky peanut butter. No. This should not even exist. I don't want food with chunks in it. I shouldn't have to work so hard to enjoy a sandwich.

4. Pulp. That stuff slithers down your throat, and it's disgusting. Again, it's all about a nice, smooth consistency.

5. Piña colada flavoring. I won't eat anything associated with the stuff. I made Clayton smell my candy cane today to ensure it wasn't piña colada sneaking up on me. They really should label those things; who knows if I might get a gross flavor I refuse to eat?

6. Soggy bread. This includes stuffing. And that English muffin I made for myself a few days ago that kicked off my latest "all food is gross" thing.

7. Corn dogs when I'm on my "all food is gross" thing. Trying to get me to eat again? Corn dogs are not the way. M&M's aren't even the way. I recommend trying mac and cheese.

8. Straight milk. I never developed a taste for it. Maybe someday someone will clue me in on the allure of it, but it's just not good unless it's on Cheerios or very chocolate and very made by the Creamery.

9. Ham. Yeah, I don't like it. Sorry, Mom, I've been lying for years. The stuff is gross. I don't care if it's Christmas. You'll note that I do make an effort to eat it, though.

10. Sweet potatoes/yams/whatevs. Nothing could make those taste good to me. Nothing. Pile them in marshmallows and brown sugar and whatever else, and I will find them and be disgusted.

11. Blackberries. Specifically, blackberry jam, but the whole berry is tainted for me. It goes back to that dislike of seeds or pulp in things. Ewww.

12. Hershey's kisses. It's just not good chocolate. In kiss form it's especially noticeable. I'll eat the bars, though. Well, kinda, it's not like I ever grab a bar of chocolate and start eating it.

13. Any kind of pudding but chocolate. Seriously, tried them all, and nothing is good but the chocolate. White chocolate makes me gag, pistachio is weird and green and has nuts in it, they're all just... not good.

I could go on. My mother definitely had a difficult child on her hands with me; as if the screaming through the night for the first two years didn't alert her to that fact. Good thing I'm living on my own now and can subsist entirely on mac and cheese and pb&j sandwiches.

5 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

Think i'll have a slice of Il-Villaggio Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (aged 2 years) to go with my Monkey King Jasmine Green Tea (known as the oldest scented tea from the high mountains of Hunan province) to follow the S&M with Parmesan Cheese an funny tasting milk

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oman. i totally agree w/ you on some of those items. most especially the chunky peanut butter and pulp issues. we're too much alike.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oman. i totally agree w/ you on some of those items. most especially the chunky peanut butter and pulp issues. we're too much alike.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrot cake has carrots in it?! OMG, I have never noticed that! EW!

3:44 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

That's why people need to read my blog. See what nastinesses I shed light on? See?

And Jen--I guess that's what years and years of going to Baltimore every Saturday and playing in the same groups and orchestras and all those dang Lily Pons performances will do to you. I saw Fruitopia the other day and remembered when you and Meg banned me from it. :-)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home