Tuesday, August 02, 2005

It's Almost Stream Of Consciousness, Really

So, Craig IMs me the other day, asks me if I wanna hang out with him and Meg (um, duh?). I answer in the affirmative, he picks me up and we go to get ice cream from Cold Stone. Well, we make a valiant attempt anyway, except the dang place is closed. So all three of us head over to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple pints. We spot and snag the last Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie goodness and prance around happily because, what luck. We go visit Bryan, who is Craig's Summer Roommate (I just recently discovered he's not the Real Roommate, which caused some confusion on my part, and I'm still not certain I entirely get it, as there's a lot of backstory I'm missing, but Bryan's there now, and Bryan is cool, period.) Bryan works at Wal-Mart, and what he does is stand at a counter and look very solemn and bored. Good thing we came by! And then Bryan and Craig disappeared, leaving Megann and I alone in Wal-Mart together, which is NOT a good idea, as we've a propensity for coming up with quite fun but illegal things to do. Fortunately, Craig and Bryan came back as we were in the pillow section, and what kind of trouble can you get in with some pillows? None. Well, maybe some, but I was too interested in experiencing the softness to really try.

But then we discovered we had no spoons, and were in much need. Um, apparently Wal-Mart doesn't sell plastic spoons. At least not this Wal-Mart, but this Wal-Mart also closes at 11 p.m. (what good is a Wal-Mart if you can't go at 3 a.m. is what I'm wondering), and so isn't reeally a Wal-Mart. We asked a very nice-looking young man for help, but he didn't know where to find plastic spoons. He tried to find us someone who did know, and at that point, Craig wandered off and left us again, so Meg and I tried looking for spoons. We found display upon display of colorful, plastic ice cream scoops, which we were voting to use, and some big ol' shiny basting spoons, which also would've been fun, and I called Craig's name a couple times to see if he would come back, but he didn't. And then, when we'd found some spoons that were each individually more expensive than the entire pint of ice cream, Craig came back with a packet of spoons in his hand and we were saved.

So we ate the ice cream and watched Family Guy (I think -- all the days are blending together now) and now Craig has spoons to use whenever he decides to throw ice cream parties in the future.

6 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

No Wal-marts down here but we just got a Target some times called an up-scale Wal-mart the employees arn't bored they're 4ft 10and view the natives with suspicion.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

Wow. I feel like I was a guest star on the show of Beth.

10:08 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Target is an evil, evil place. Yes, I'm still bitter about the Skirt Incident. It would've been so perfect... but no! No. Sigh.

And Jen, it's still forever until you come back! Stupid beach. Gah. I want to hear about these boys. Did you find Elder Brown? Is he in a box? That way, I can show him in person the correct way to open a bag of M&M's instead of the mangled job he does. And Craig always manages to entertain. Right, Craig?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

That's my job. That's what I do.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Target does weird things to people. Remember that time you got tricked into helping me pick out... yeah in Target? And I promise we'll find you a skirt...or you can just get a hot shirt, put the shoes on, and go visit a boy. It works, no?

8:09 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I don't wear pants in boys' houses.

I can already hear the freaking out as I type this, and I tell you, I revel in it. REVEL.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home