Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I Need A Nap

I hate, hate, HATE writing resumes. HATE. HATE. If it weren't for the fact that having a resume is necessary for a job, and a job is necessary so I can have more projects to stress me out to my full stress-out potential, I wouldn't do it. Ever. I have no need to summarize my accomplishments in bleak formats.

In fact, I have no real need to list my accomplishments at all. I'm carried forward by the rather ineffable notion that somehow I am completely awesome, and that's all I really need. I don't quite know what to say about myself; I'd rather take a potential employer by the hand and let her experience me for the day, or something. And then just not tell me what her impressions are, because I don't really know how to handle praise (you should've seen the awkward situation last night), and censure absolutely crumples me.

Good thing for friends like Keely who e-mail me pre-made resumes that I just have to fill in a bit. (I know Word has resume templates; I'm not dumb. But there's too much picking and choosing that goes on, I'd really rather just copy someone else's already superb work.) So thank you, Keely!

And to all potential employers out there: trust me, you'll love me. Especially if you need me to google something for you and find the lowest of the low prices.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open Sores Media launches tomorrow
"We're deliberately trying to do something new by affiliating blog and mainstream people," said Roger L. Simon, a blogger and the venture's co-founder. In other words, Roger L. Simon wants to be a middleman ...
Hi,

Thought i'd just leave a comment here to let you know that your blog left me with a few thoughts in my head.

If you ever get the chance and feel you could add some thought provoking wisdom on the topic of Fancy Dress then please feel free to post a reply on my blog.

Thanks again.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are completely awesome Liz.

10:03 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Even though people from "Open Sores Media" post comments on my blog?

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home