Monday, November 14, 2005

Winter Has Come To Provo, And There's No Hot Chocolate In The House

I woke up this morning, looked window-ward, and cursed myself for waking up so terribly early on a day when I don't have to. Then I actually looked at the time, and realized that the reason the sky was so dark wasn't because of the earliness of the hour, but rather because winter has descended upon Provo. Icy wind has been whipping the leaves around today, changing rain into snow, and grabbing my hair in its chilly fists.

This is the time of year for mugs of hot chocolate and fat Dickens novels and fluffy comforters piled around your legs.

Instead, the power went out as I was checking my e-mail; I thought my computer had died and my heart almost leaped out of my chest until I noticed the overhead lamp flickering and then sputtering out completely.

So I bundled up against the cold and went to class, and by the time I came back, power was restored. The awesome thing about it is that heat is free in this apartment, so there's no reason to even wear pants.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

Free heat ? Is the apartment built on top of a volcano ?

5:20 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

"there's no need to even wear pants"

funniest. thing. ever.

1:31 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I certainly HOPE the apartment is built on top of a gigantic volcano. Do you have any idea how much fun that could be?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Stay out of the stair well during eruptions.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home