Saturday, January 07, 2006

Daddy's Little Defect

The internet went out sometime between four and five this morning; I know this because I was wide awake, mulling over old episodes of Grey's Anatomy on my computer, and attempting to convince my brain to shut off. Unfortunately, my (ahem) superior intelligence is a drawback at times like these, because my brain always manages to outsmart my body, and skips smirking away while my body is left to dangle in a state of exhausted wakefulness. So while that battle was going on, the internet disappeared, and poor Meredith begged "Doctor McDreamy" (ugh) to "pick [her]!"

I finally snagged an hour or two of sleep this morning before deciding it was late enough to call the internet company and demand they fix whatever the problem was. I must have been pretty forceful this time, or something, because the internet was back by this afternoon, and the thin winter sunlight found me sprawled in my desk chair, blasting Sugarcult while reading Žižek. An odd combination, I know, but whatever. You're just jealous.

And then I braved the cold so I could go buy some bread and milk, figuring that now that people were around, I should at least attempt to act like a normal human being who does things like eat and sleep and play Apples to Apples, and the like. Of course, no one has ever invited me to play Apples to Apples with them, but I figure that it's only a matter of time.

2 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Liz, will you come play Apples to Apples with me?

1:47 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Aha! I knew it!

Yes, Jacob, I will play Apples to Apples with you.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home