Monday, May 01, 2006

Back Home

I've been talking to my brother The Pon a lot lately. I suppose I should clarify, though. Now that we're in the same house for a few days, we've been IMing each other more in one day than we did in four months. Heaven forbid I walk up the long long flight of stairs to his room to hold an actual, face-to-face conversation with him; nope, way too far. Plus, what would we say? This is one of the reasons I love instant messaging. Also because when I am too lazy to get off the couch to fetch my chocolate Easter rabbit from the fridge (I wasn't home over Easter, so I get to have mine now), I can instant message my brother and ask him to get one of the cats to fetch the rabbit for me.

Which brings me to another subject: the cats. For most of my life, we had one cat, a beautiful part-Siamese. Sometime in the fall, my family got a younger Maine Coon cat. He's sweet, but he's not too bright. Anyway, now with two cats in the house, they definitely lord it over everything. The other morning, I was kicked out of bed by a cat who assumed I was in her territory. And if I'm sitting on the couch, innocently surfing the internet, the other cat will come up and demand to be petted. DEMAND. And I had to pause in washing the dishes yesterday because that cat DEMANDED he be played with. I tried reasoning with him, but alas, he is a cat, and cats are above reason.

Storm (yes, the queerest name for a cat ever):



and Winter:

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

Eeeeeeek

6:04 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

What?

2:25 PM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Another Leap out background

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home