Monday, April 24, 2006

Hours Pass, And She Still Counts The Minutes That I Am Not There

Does everyone here have Gmail? I'm just going to assume so, because if you don't have Gmail...what is your problem? So I'm also going to assume you've at least noticed that Gmail Chat function, and how it tells you which of your friends are on their Gmail accounts and whatnot.

Well, this morning I went to check my e-mail and noticed that my good friend Elder Baker (who has not e-mailed me in months and months) was on. So I chatted him. Which I'm sure is against every mission rule in the book (the Elder in front of his last name signifies that he's serving a mission for his (our) church, etc. etc. and there are many rules for these missionaries). But I wanted to ask him to e-mail me, not seduce him from the path of righteousness.

We e-mailed and updated each other on our lives (I'm moving, he was almost killed by a Mexican gang), and then the conversation turned, inevitably to music. I spent the entire morning updating him on what's going on in the music world. I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon by those mission rules as well, but at least I have my Music Man back.

...Until he gets shot because Mexican/American relations are so volatile right now that bands of pistol-wielding Mexicans are going around shooting Americans up. Thanks, W.

3 Comments:

Blogger Corith Malin said...

"Thanks, W"?!?! Why not thank the Mexican Government for not creating a country that their own citizens want to live in. The only reason the mexicans are mad at us is that we want to protect our own border and stop illegal immigrants from entering our country. Perhaps if the flow of illegal immigrants stops coming in, we could actually increase the number of LEGAL immigrants coming in. Why would we want to reward law breakers? W's loyalties are NOT to the whole world. His job is to make sure that HIS country-folk live and prosper. Not that some poor soul in Mexico gets an American job.

3:36 PM  
Blogger GreenLantern said...

I'd just like to say that I don't have GMail.

I don't even have an ipod yet.

*sigh*

4:34 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I'll invite you, Kozee. Just look at my profile, shoot me an e-mail to the addy there, and I'll send an invite your way.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home