Sunday, October 15, 2006

Help Me?

Audrey's in the kitchen right now ranting about how dirty the house is and how dirty we are.

So I'm hiding in the bedroom, afraid.

And sometimes...sometimes, I pretend like I'm not one of the "dirty ones," that everyone else is, but certainly not me, so that her wrath will not descend upon me and wither me at the stalk, or whatever. But a confession: I'm just as dirty as everyone else. My bed's not even made right now. And she has to share a bedroom with me.

Ah, to be mortal. And to be living in a constantly-expanding universe that moves toward entropy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

Green Lanturn is on the way

8:05 PM  
Blogger GreenLantern said...

First, it's Green Lantern.

Second, it could be worse, Liz. you could be here in Seattle, which I've officially renamed the ice planter of Hoth, because the sun no longer loves us.

Your response.

10:57 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

So, which is better? Living with the dirty roommate or being the dirty roommate?

Seattle = Paradise

1:53 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I am so far from the dirty roommate. I just don't see the need for scrubbing down the stovetop with Lysol. But apparently I have been raised by wolves. I'm learning, though.

And there is frost on my car outside. Do not talk to me of your ice planets. The only warm place left in existence is my bed with its electric blanket, which I cannot leave ever for fear of hypothermia.

I'm serious: there is no heat in my bedroom and the window next to my bed does not close all the way. We have a blanket stuffed in there. It is only October. Heaven help us all come January.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

Why doesn't the window close ?

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home