Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Sunday Narrative

The other day I was walking out of my apartment to my car so I could go to church. (I go to church, regularly, because I am a good girl.) As I was walking along Main Street, which I live on, a car came down the road, and a middle-aged man inside the car waved at me. My first thought was, Gross, some creepy stalker who sees me at work has recognized me despite my lack of kitschy yellow uniform, and he is now waving at me.

And then in the next instant I recognized Dr. Jones in the car, and I realized that my favorite philosophy professor was waving at me, and I'd better wave back, because he's kinda the reason I transferred here. So I did, and then enthusiastically pointed it out to Jaela; I suppose to make her jealous. Pretty much everyone has a non-romantic crush on Dr. Jones -- I defy you to take a class from him and NOT love him. And the fact that he was waving at me? Golden.

I just hope he doesn't Google himself and find this blog entry spouting off his praises, because that could get a little awkward.

3 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

How does a non-romantic crush work?

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooooooooooo---!

6:10 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I have absolutely no romantic intentions with him, in any way, whatsoever. But if he were my age, and unmarried, he'd be the kind of person I'd want to be good enough to date.

It's just a general sort of overwhelming admiration for someone of the opposite (or in Jerilyn's case, the same) gender.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home