Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Getting Back To Some Of The Older Family Traditions

I was having one of those internet conversations with my (former-)roommate Jennifer the other night, and I expressed my amazement at her ability to starve her body of sleep. That's something I absolutely cannot do - I'm a night owl, yes, but I need my sleep in the morning, and I would rather fail everything and explode than not get that sleep.

That's actually the conversation I hold with myself when the alarm goes off in the morning: "It's time to wake up. Remember? Life?" "No. Go away." "But you need to." "No." "You'll fail that test if you're not in class to take it." "So? It's a test. How much will I regret failing? Not that much? How much will I regret not sleeping? I will regret it forever and ever." Clearly not at my most rational when I'm being startled out of nightmares so vivid I can feel my liver failing.

Then Jennifer pointed out that I go without eating like she goes without sleeping. Right now in my life it's vitally important that I find out just how far I can stretch that gift.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger tuesday said...

Not healthy!!

8:59 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Your face isn't healthy.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home