Thursday, November 30, 2006

How To Get Engaged

Brian Harris is engaged.



I want to leave that sentence to stand for itself and let the shockwaves of the news reverberate throughout the universe, but since most of you don't even know who Brian Harris is, all that will probably reverberate is a big wad of confusion and some dust bunnies of consternation (consternation bunnies, as I like to call 'em). And that doesn't reverberate so well.

So, Brian was a guy I knew many years ago at BYU. He went on a mission, came back, and twenty days later put a ring on some young thing's finger. We're a crazy people, I know. But even bigger than that is the idea that I was right, I AM right, and I will always be right. If you practiced a little methodological skepticism and pared away the universe to the bare essentials of Truth, you would find not "I think, therefore I am," but rather "Beth = right." Or, I don't know, "Liz = right," or "Elizabeth = right." (My name is clumsy and doesn't pare down so well - blame that on my parents.)

And give me a high five the next time you see me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1+1=

3:56 AM  
Blogger Mooney said...

I don't know about you, but my consternation bunnies reverberate like national cathedral.

6:40 PM  
Blogger tuesday said...

Dude. The shockwaves were reverberating. No question there.

And, of course you were right. They only couldn't see it because they were silly little boys.

7:46 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I know who you are, Mr. Equations Man.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home