Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Finals Week Again

My final papers are going quite badly, one of my professors thinks I'm an idiot, I have to work so much these next few weeks that I don't even have time to think, the washing machine in my apartment is broken so I'll have to pay to do laundry again and take the time to babysit it, my church calling(s) just got a whole lot more hectic, and I still need to finalize my schedule for next semester.

It's Finals Week (part one) like you've never seen it before. I remain stoically optimistic: I will write the best papers the philosophy department has ever seen (and show Dr. Armstrong that I actually, yes, know how to think), people have started wishing me Merry Christmas when I'm ringing up their purchases, I have an excuse for letting my laundry pile up, I love attending Ward Council, and who needs to plan schedules out in advance? Certainly not me. I have at least three superpowers that I can think of off the top of my head.

(Those being 1. The ability to survive and adapt quickly when circumstances necessitate it, 2. The ability to confuse my enemies with a disarming smile before I verbally eviscerate them, and 3. Flight. As in running away quickly, but I bet you thought I could actually fly for a second. See superpower #2.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

How about a picture in a SUPERGIRL outfit ?
Just add another hour on the day to get it done.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Erm... I was under the impression the Activities Committee is handling the last even, so I think you're off the hook for the semester :)

I'm off to cram the last months worth of notes into two hours of study what happens when people die...

11:38 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Who are you, exactly, Fingers? And yes, the Activities Committee is handling the last event, but when the Bishop calls and tells you that you ARE the Activities Committee, then, hmm, I guess you're in charge of the last event.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Check my blog then take a guess. Sorry 'bout that other bit, but apparantly them imminently wedded types get lucky breaks.

4:26 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Of course I checked your blog first thing, but I still have no clue. I know you know Melissa Branin, so that must make you a cool kid indeed, and I'm guessing you're in my ward. Here's the thing: I know about four people in that ward, and three of them are definitely not you.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think I'm going to tell you. All the clues are there, or within easy reach.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home