Saturday, December 02, 2006

Grab That Cash With Both Hands And Make A Stash

You know that feeling of when you check your bank account balance, and the number you see there at the bottom of the paper, no WAY can that number be the amount of money you actually have in your account - and it's not a "hooray!" feeling, it's a "someone must have stolen my identity" feeling?

Yeah, I know you know what I'm talking about.

Turns out you can get that feeling very easily if your job forgets to give you a paycheck one week. Not only did they forget to give me a paycheck - no, they gave my paycheck to someone else. Someone who doesn't work there any more. Someone who walked out on me in the middle of our very long, very busy shift, leaving me to cover it by myself, stranded, and unable to go to class that night. I'm a little bitter toward him. And now I'm poor because of him, too.

But at least that horrible sinking feeling has gone away. And I can find out where he lives. (Art, I'll need your ninja-ness on this one.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

If they sent your check to someone else ,don't they still owe you? You shouldn't have to chase him around for it.

9:58 PM  
Blogger PeterK said...

Yeah. That sucks pretty hard. But they still have to pay you right? You worked, you get paid right? Right?
Anywho. Thanks for calling me the other night. I really needed that.
You rock.

6:43 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Of course I still get my check. But isn't violence just a liiiittle more fun?

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home