Thursday, December 07, 2006

Who Do You Carry The Torch For, My Young Man?

In case you weren't aware, Brand New has a new album. I'm saying this now as a sort of public service announcement, because if you don't have yourself a copy, take your eyes off of the computer screen right this moment, go out to a store, and buy one. Buy three. I'm sure there are people in this world you love, and they deserve a copy, too.

Well Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,
I'm a little bit scared of what comes after
Do I get the gold chariot?
Do I float through the ceiling?

Do I divide and fall apart?
Cause my pride is too sly to hold back all my dark
And the ship went down in sight of land
And at the gates does Thomas ask to see my hands

I know you'll come in the night like a thief
But I've had some time alone to hold my lies inside me
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust
But I'm scared I'll get scared and I swear I'll try to nail you back up

So do you think that we could work out a sign
So I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try

I know you'll come for the people like me
But we all got wood and nails
Tongue tied to a hating factory




Love love love it. And the rockstar responsible for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mooney said...

Yeah, we all got wood and nails...
A torture and hanging factory...

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home