Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wikipedia Can Help You with Those Philosophical Terms I Threw out There Like Everyone Knows or Cares

It's a little strange to me that the boy who mocks people for valuing anything material should be so crazy about his car. Crazy about it to the extent of bragging. But there you are.

To me, everything is material (I'm a materialist, philosophically; it comes from being a Mormon), so you have to care about SOMETHING that's material. I realize I'm equivocating, but I think possessions and progress can be very good things. Thoreau and I would not be the greatest of friends, and I'm okay with that. I believe in living in the world, and connecting with people, and all those grand things that can come from a life not spent alone in the woods.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home