Tuesday, January 11, 2005

"Riding Phone Lines"

I have four saved messages on my voicemail. And I will be transcribing them for you.

From Bart: "Will you be my valentine? Ha ha!" [I wish you could hear that laugh. It was fabulous. Even more so because he called on December 28th to ask me.]

From Paul: "What's up suga pie? This is Paul. Give me a call back." [Note to boys out there--telling a girl to "turn [her] conscience off" cannot be ameliorated by calling her up later and calling her "sugar pie." It will not work.]

From The Mom: "Hi, it's your mother. I was looking in your drawers. I wasn't snooping.... So give me a call back and I won't be mad. Bye." [Don't YOU wonder what the middle part of the conversation was about. Actually, I just couldn't stand to listen to it all again, I'm sorry. Turns out, I had forgotten to pack my Christmas sweaters and she got mad and threatened me with No More Presents.]

From Rachael: "So Kristin and I are driving to the mall now and Something Corporate is playing in my car and 'Me and the Moon' is on. And, um, there's this great line, "you marry a role." You don't want to do that, k? Right. Because you're a butterfly, and I wouldn't let you die. And if you get married, you'll DIE!!! The end." [This is what happens when you call Rachael and Kristin up to tell them you're going to get married. And you're serious. They call you back and leave you messages like this.]

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

My favorite message is the last one. But that could be because I'm biased.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I want to know which of Bart's laughs that is...

1:52 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Getting married ruins The Plan, anyway, and basically life in general. It's like when I had the dream that I died and ruined summer.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

that's right, who gives a lick about marriage...for now.

i like that me and the moon song.

"but what do you say we go for a ride?
what do you say we get high?"

oh yeah, thanks for mentioning photobucket, my profile pic is up and it's fixed. you are better than blogger support.

4:53 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Something Corporate = hotness. And it is my dream to have people coming to me with all their blogging needs as I slowly take over Blogger and pry my way into Google itself.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home