Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Beautifully Smug

I don't post poetry on my blog. Do you know why? Because 14-year-old girls post poetry on their blogs, and I am not a 14-year-old girl. (I've had a rather convincing argument made that I'm a 12-year-old girl, but 12 is not 14, so we can ignore that.)

So don't expect me to EVER post ANY poetry here. Ew. What I WILL do for you, is tell you what my poetry professor called me tonight: Plath-esque.

Yes, that's right, he told me I was "Plath-esque." As in Sylvia Plath. As in stuck-her-head-in-an-oven Sylvia Plath. But she's a fabulous poet. So I shouldn't be too worried, right? And besides, he was only responding to a few lines, not to my general demeanor. Also: Sylvia Plath wasn't always dark and deeply depressing; go through her stuff sometime, a lot of it doesn't even touch those yew-paths.

I know I'm justifying. Maybe I'll just stay away from ovens for a while?

10 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

i do post poetry on my blog. but that could be because i'm a 14 year old girl. deep inside.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Mooney said...

Not that deep Adam. Not that deep.

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa, Adam...itz true dOoD...you AREEEE ADAM-ANT BY NAME...Impressive, to the naked eye eh?...but to the tHirsty soul, you're justa natural bore. Or iz D aT just-M.E?...-The Man here, Vartan of {AV}-f-a-u-L-t-JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Avsharyan...Vavoom! x=0P...lol i'm just joe-king, I'ma katholik skool gyrl JUST LIKE My shelf.

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I have a kool littLE ferrari on my desk too...but I wish it were red.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'z Probably Brain Damage for me, and it's just that you're a lyer Ad...But atleast sum1 kared for my koinciting of manz behaviour on the world of the Godhead KrsnA...Pray to hym...if you're soooo appreciative and deprived of fairness. But if you're depraved of justice...that's okay, just envy Liz greenE x=0P....YOU'RE REALLY NOWHERE!!!!!!!!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my kindergarden teacher stuck her head in the oven ,one person said it was because of me ,but it was years after I was in her class

6:29 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Do you guys see this bozo who posted all these comments before me? THIS is the guy who's been stalking me on myspace.

GO AWAY. I have never met you!

1:48 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

Wait, I post poety on my blog. Is this bad? Should I stop? I mean, I don't want to be a 14 year old girl, so what do I do? I'm so confused.

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG

9:04 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Boys are allowed to write poetry and post it. I don't know who determined these rules, but it's okay for boys to act like 14-year-old girls. If a girl ever tried, she'd be a pariah (except, of course, to 13-year-old girls, who would worship her).

Societal rules are confusing.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home