Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Putting It In Perspective

I just ate a chocolate chip cookie I found in my living room.

What I Wish That Statement Really Meant:

I wandered out into my living room late one night and found a cookie randomly sitting there. "Hey, cookie!" I thought, and I picked it up and started eating it. I mean, who finds unmarked cookies in their living room, having suddenly appeared like some sort of oasis out of nowhere.

What That Statement Really Meant:

Family Home Evening was at our apartment tonight, and someone brought chocolate chip cookies for the treat. After they were done, they left the bag on our coffee table for me to find.

What Really Matters About All Of This:

Free chocolate chip cookie for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

now i really wish i had found a cookie. anywhere.

here, cookie, cookie....

5:53 AM  
Blogger Corith Malin said...

Yesterday someone left me a bag of Oatmeal Rasin cookies outside my dorm. Mmmmm. I love oatmeal rasin cookies. ME WANT COOOOOKKKKIIEESSS!

9:22 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Yesterday someone left me a bag of Craig on my doorstep. I love Craig.

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... "Cookie Monster" meets "Memento". What this really means...

2:10 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

I have a story about the movie "Memento": I fell asleep while watching it (because I hadn't slept in days). I woke back up right as it was ending and faked being awake the whole time. He doesn't know. Please don't ever tell him; you are all hereby SWORN TO SECRECY.

So I thusly don't really get the previous comment. Anyone want to explain it to me?

5:22 AM  
Blogger adam said...

i made chocolate chip cookies tonight. they weren't really free. but they will still very good.

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home