Friday, March 10, 2006

Mom, Dad, Stop Reading Right Here

It's only hour thirty-seven, and already the hallucinations have begun. You see, I've been awake for thirty-seven hours straight so far, and that number is only going to go up as the night continues and the day follows after that.

Don't be too worried, it's a little tradition of mine. My university doesn't like to give us a spring break, which was all well and good on some level, because I understand they run a very tight ship scheduling-wise and just can't fit a week in their winter semester AND have a spring term AND have a summer term AND have a fall semester AND make room for a week-long convention that shuts down the campus (for a week, duh) over the summer. I get it. But I'm no longer buying that particular excuse for some reasons I won't go into now (my attention is already wandering away). My point is this: I am taking my OWN spring break, BYU! Ha! How d'you like that!

But I'm not enough of a rebel to cut classes too (my education is important to me). So I stay up all night, go to class the next day, come home and chill, stay up all night, etc. etc. This has been going on all week, but I've been managing to snag a couple hours' sleep a night at least. But no more! I am experimenting, you see.

The results of the experiment so far: 1. I look like I've died. My skin is pale, there are dark rings under my eyes and my face is subtlely misshappen in some way that it's recongizable as my own, but it's discernibly different. 2. My inhibitions are sleeping. I mean slipping, haha, weird. 3. Drastically lowered attention span. 4. Keys seem to move around on the keyboard and trick me from time to time.

It's only going to get more interesting from here. Haha, so THIS is what it feels like not to be able to form a cohesive thought.

P.S. I experimented and my vocabulary apparently is still fully-functioning. I'll let you know when that slips, because when it does, oh, it's bad.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not so different from Descartes you know... the extreme experimentation, and eccentricism. Maybe you abhore him, only because you feel a kinship to him. Are we all not related then in this manner?
So snowboarding's gonna rock tomarrow, you know why? Because SPRINGBREAK is around the corner, and that means taking advantage of the reason it was created -to give students a chance to get dru... I mean catch up on the endless pile of catching up that has been compiling. Cheers to your fight! I embrace your endevor.
Sincerly,
Anonymous

1:19 AM  
Blogger Baltazar said...

snooze youz

2:39 AM  
Blogger Mooney said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Mooney said...

No doze + Double Caffiene Jolt Cola + Sugar Packets from McDonalds = Lowered inhibitions, heightened bladder activity, potential make-out with someone unintentionally, and a migraine the size of Detroit the day after. I did this on grad night in High School.

So, Liz' parents...it could be worse. At least Liz has no physical tolerance whatsoever for medication and/or stimulants.

6:07 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

UPDATE: I went forty-seven hours, then slept fitfully for a while. I think my unofficial spring break may be over, though, due to some unfortunate circumstances. We'll see, though; last year's was peppered with a lot more unhappiness than this one. The only problem is last year's was my own, and this year's is my spring break partner's...the important thing, though, is that the addition of sleep-but-not-enough has given me interestingly fierce dark circles and a crazed look.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck koffee, if you wanna STAY UP!!!..Yew take sum dope like I am, kuz I have konstruktive bizness to attend to in the morning...I rented romeo n juliet n intend to gyve it back 4 dayz l8...I kan't stop binging, long enough to keep a str8 face for you people...But I kan help out with the G.I.T....u know, Indispozed Garbage?...ARmerian PrIde! lol

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've dun 5 dayz b4...I kan go like a week...but u havta force the food, AND ofkourse be moderate and learn to adjust to the love. around here, it'z not subjektified anymore.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home