Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm Branching Out, But It Doesn't Mean I'm Willing To Try Cucumbers

I don't really like change. I get comfortable where I am (and believe me, I design my reality to be the best of the best, so it's not like I'm settling into this comfort, it's like I've reached the tallest summit of Kilimanjaro and I'm sitting down on my pack, wrapped in the comfort of my thoughts and my achievements), and I don't really care to change anything. I like routine and trusting in the consistency of it. That's why I was sad when Kraft changed the formula of their mac & cheese and it became no longer edible. I'd had that stuff my whole life, and wham!, gone. I adapted, though, and went for Wal-Mart brand, since it's cheap, since I shop at Wal-Mart, and since Food Lion is nowhere to be found 'round these parts.

That said, the other day I was forced to choose between Kraft and an unknown, untested brand. It was different, and I had no idea how it would work, but the Kraft would choke me and kill me dead, so I bought the other stuff.

I'm not dead yet. In fact, I'm kind of enjoying the new stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mooney said...

Kilamanjaro is actually not a difficult climb. Just some people's bodies can't take the altitude. But apparently if you walk up nice and slow, anybody can do it. So, I've heard.

12:31 PM  
Blogger adam said...

i used to love cucumbers. now i think they are gross. i don't know what happened.

9:27 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

When did craft change the mac, and how can I tell what is the new stuff verses the good old stuff?

1:02 AM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

The fact that Kiliminjaro isn't that treacherous was intended, Jared. I spent a little bit of time researching, even.

As for Kraft's new stuff, well, it changed sometime last year. You'll have to find some pretty old boxes to get back to the good stuff.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home