Monday, May 14, 2007

Afterwards

Hi.

Remember me?

Finals are over, and I've quit my job at the gas station. I work at the Domino's in Lexington now, for more money and less managers using surveillance to spy on me. I'm also in the process of redecorating my room, which means right now I'm struggling to put a Wal-Mart bookcase together. I borrowed a drill from a friend, which was fine for all of the first step, and after that became so terribly useless. I've been using the other end of an Xacto knife to try to screw the thing together, which...well, given my propensity for cutting myself on POT ROAST, we'll see if I complete the project with all fingers intact.

Audrey and Jaela moved out a week and some change ago, so Stephanie moved into my bedroom...and almost immediately moved out again and down to Alabama/on to California. I'm going up to see Audrey soon before she leaves for Utah, and Jaela's coming back in the fall. Bree is still here, and a girl named Kylee moved in. I was nervous about getting a new roommate, because heaven knows I am not too fond of girls, and I was braced for exacting some sort of silent, cruel war with her, but she swept in one evening all full of charm and cheer and liking all the same television shows I do, that I'm pretty sure I want her to stay forever. Not like we can really persuade anyone to stay for long in this charming little craphole we call home, but, ya know, that's the use of not having a door handle for two months and getting periodically locked inside your apartment - no one can leave, muahahaha.

And now I'm off to work, to earn more money to support my habits.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaw, Beth...speaking of Xacto knives, my finger is healing nicely, which means my dreams of being a hand model might not be completely crushed. Guess what, one of my new roommates said she doesn't like girls either and she has a rather interesting relationship with a guy friend of hers...reminds me of someone.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Mooney said...

Liz, please move to Boston and come alive again.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home