Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Summer Cleaning

I am still (still!) trying to clean up my mess from Disney World and then that trip up to go shopping with Audrey. There's just no excuse for it, but of course I come up with lots of justifications.

Like the fact that the vacuum cleaner I got worked for about three minutes just fine, and then started spitting dirt back OUT at me. I guess it was just overwhelmed by the challenge that is our apartment, and this is a vacuum cleaner's way of screaming for mercy. And so I tell myself, hey, it's pointless to do any kind of cleaning without a working vacuum cleaner.

Also, we have this cat who loves knocking things over, getting trash out of trash cans and carrying it around and then leaving it in random rooms, and scattering things about. I hang my clothes nicely to dry and go off to work, only to come back ten or eleven hours later (yes, my shifts really are that long) to find clothes scattered on the floor.

So really, I'm facing a few challenges. And really, I would much rather lay on my bed and read Shakespeare or look at PS3 prices on the internet than clean anything. Who has the time?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you need a vacation....Frederick anyone?

8:07 PM  
Blogger juxtaposer said...

Did you get my e-mail regarding an upcoming Frederick trip? S'mores and naked hot tubbing ftw!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Taylor Hellewell said...

1) We have a LARGE---and by that I mean GARGANTUAN---tubby tabby that, at one Twilight Zone-ish period, had poo orgies all over our floor. When we leave for vacation, we expect to come home to a demilitarized zone complete with land mines.
Thankfully, she seems to have recovered from that phase. *shudders*
2) NO ONE has time to clean, not even custodial workers. :) Even less have the will... I do it because I know it makes Amber happy.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An upcoming Frederick trip?? And when were you going to tell me about this? How about sending me an email soon...

6:21 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

It is like when you are doing something and then all of a sudden you open your ears to hear the middle of the conversation....
"Naked hot tubbing"?!?!

Sorry I haven't read your blog in such a long time, looks like I came back at just the wrong moment.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home