Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thrilledy Is Copyright Protected, So Don't Even Think About It

My day started at seven a.m. with some rolling out of bed and applying my "I run a meth lab out in the woods, but I can also fool two twnety-something boys into thinking I am just an innocent (and hot) jogger so that they kill the undercover cop who's onto me" makeup to make it out to Neil's on time to begin shooting. Too bad Nick, who plays the undercover cop, was late anyway, but I got to meet Neil's kids and wife, as well as his father and mother.

So yeah, I'm playing a leading role in a thriller/comedy, or a thrilledy as I like to call it. Neil asked me if I'd done any acting while we were working together a few weeks ago, and then he started churning out script ideas. I don't think I was originally supposed to be such a druggie, but I guess once he got to know me a little better....

Anyway, we filmed for a few hours then took a break so Nick could get to class, and I went back home and watched The Office/crashed. I drove all the way back out to Neil's for our afternoon shoot and passed Sid going the other way, which really confused me, and SHOULD have been a huge red flag that, hello, something is amiss ('cause Sid was scheduled to be in some of our afternoon takes), but I continued on to Neil's anyway...to find that no one was there. And I couldn't call, because I left my charger at Audrey's and my phone was dead, and I only had just discovered that they sell phone chargers at Wal-Mart. So I kept driving to where we'd filmed that morning, hoping they'd just continued on ahead. No one, and by this point, I was running out of gas. So I drove a little further into Lexington to get gas, swung by Wal-Mart to get a charger, and only then realized that I was still in full-on meth-lab get-up. (Ooh, hyphen-tastic!) Seriously, I live in a small, rural area that has a higher concentration of ugly, freakish, warped-from-prolonged-inbreeding people than even a NASCAR racetrack could handle, and they look at ME like I'M the idiot. Whatev. At least I had my charger, and I skedaddled out of there, back to Neil's to check one last time, and then back home to plug my phone in, check my voicemail, and discover that this afternoon's filming had been cancelled.

But at least my legs looked really nice in my costume.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Baltazar said...

I was in a movie once when I was about 7.It turned out there was no film in the camera. I never heard the end of it.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you top this?
When I was an infant, I wrote an article for the local paper describing the changes to the local hospital's maternity ward. If you don't believe me, ask your grandmother.

I worked with a guy who's mother got to kill someone in "Night of the Living Dead"!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home